Do-it-yourself Vinyl Lettering
Vinyl Lettering...Made Easy!
Cars - Boats - Trucks - Windows - Walls
Personal Projects - and More
- Competitive Prices. Repetitive Lettering Discounts.
- Easy Do-It-Yourself Application.
- FREE Professional Guidance.
- Any Size Lettering/Graphics.
- Many Color Choices & Vinyl Types Available.
- Hundreds of Type Styles to Choose From.
- Pre-Spaced Letters - Apply all at once!
Installation Services Available
- Vinyl letters - u-apply
- Vinyl Lettering Choices
- FAQ's about Vinyl Lettering
- How to order Cut Vinyl Lettering
All vinyl letters are priced per letter...great discounts on all sizes!
Our vinyl lettering is prepared as pre-spaced to allow entire lines of text to be applied at one time. Our vinyl lettering is easy to apply and is prepared and shipped for simple installation with step-by-step application instructions. Vinyl letter pricing is determined by the number of characters and the height of the characters. Fractional sizes are rounded up to the next largest size. If letter width exceeds height, prices will be adjusted accordingly.
Discounted vinyl letter pricing...Call (714) 573-9313!
Inquire about our Vinyl Application Kit that can be added to any vinyl order. The kit is designed to help aide the vinyl installation process.
For vinyl lettering that includes multiple sets of repetitive text or if the character count is large, call us at (714) 573-9313 for great pricing discounts!
(Minimum vinyl order value of $ 25.00 required. Large discounts given for multiple vinyl sets or repetitive lettering!)
- Variety of colors to choose from in both Intermediate (standard) and Premium (high performance) Vinyl.
- Durable Vinyl material that typically lasts anywhere from 3 to 10 years depending on vinyl choice and elemental conditions.
- Specialty vinyls available: Reflective, Gold and Silver Mirror, Gold and Silver Metallic, Etched Glass, etc.
- Available in a variety of application styles: Outdoor, Indoor Reverse (mirrored), Multiple Color Assembly, etc.
- Supply your own vinyl lettering file or work closely with a designer to create your vinyl lettering.
- Vinyl letters can be combined with digital decals for a more custom look that includes graphics (Call for pricing: 714-573-9313)
- Sizes starting at 1/2 inch up to 48 inches with hundreds of fonts to choose from (or supply your own vector file for custom lettering.)
- Ideal for: DOT or state license numbers; window lettering; wall lettering; vehicle lettering and for customizing almost any personal project with lettering!
|Vehicle Decals||Wall Decals||Window Decals||All Other Decals|
For vinyl stickers/decals or lettering with graphics, click on the links below
|Simple Shape - Square, Rectangle, etc.||Die-Cut - Cut-to-Shape Decals|
Our Intermediate (standard) calendered vinyl has an approximate 3mm thickness and comes pre-spaced and is available in more than 15 different colors and over 200+ fonts. This vinyl is ideal for use in most do-it-yourself lettering projects around the house or at the office and can also be used for vehicles (though we do recommend our premium vinyl for most all vehicles.) When applied to a smooth, non-porous surface, our intermediate vinyl lettering should last up to 5 years outdoors without fading, cracking or peeling. Intermediate vinyl can also be coupled with graphics for a more custom look. For a custom quotation, please fill out our Vinyl Lettering Quote form online, or give us a call at (866) 267-4467 for more information.
TYPICAL SURFACES FOR INTERMEDIATE (CALENDERED) VINYL:
- Windows (indoor/outdoor)
- Cars, Trucks, Vans & Boats
- Walls (smooth surface; indoor or outdoor)
- Floors (smooth or slightly textured; short term use)
- Apply on plexiglass, aluminum, acrylic, steel, corrugated plastic (Coroplast), PVC, vinyl banner fabric and more.
Our Premium (high-performance) caste vinyl lettering is rated for up to 7 years outdoors. Our Premium vinyl has an approximate 2mm thickness and has a more aggressive adhesive than our Intermediate vinyl. Premium vinyl is a better choice versus Intermediate vinyl when the vinyl will need to withstand harsher conditions, such as continuous outdoor use in inclement weather conditions; for rougher wear and tear environments, like vehicles that will need more continual cleaning with power washers and detergents; or for more contoured or textured surface applications. Our Premium vinyl also affords an extended color palette of 35 different spot colors. To combine our premium vinyl lettering with your own custom graphics, for a more professional and branded look, fill out our simple Vinyl Lettering Quote form online, or give us at call at (866) 267-4467 for more information.
TYPICAL SURFACES FOR PREMIUM (CASTE) VINYL:
- All vehicle types...car, truck, van, boat, etc.
- Any textured or contoured surface (floors, walls, vehicles, etc.)
- Outdoor substrates for extended long term use (plexiglass, aluminum, vinyl banner material, MDO, PVC, steel, etc.)
Etched Glass/Frosted Crystal
Frosted crystal and etched glass vinyl are both great products used to decorate glass window surfaces giving them a chic panache at an affordable price. Our frosted crystal and etched glass specialty vinyls give the illusion of sand blasted glass without the need to actually pay the costs associated with sandblasting. Using frosted crystal and etched glass specialty vinyls saves you time and money to achieve a very sleek and sophisticated look. If you have any questions, please call (866) 267-4467, or request a quote online.
TYPICAL SURFACES FOR ETCHED GLASS/FROSTED CRYSTAL VINYL:
- Business windows or doors (indoor/outdoor)
- Indoor office privacy partitions
- Decorative home embellishments (sliding glass door; shower door; window or mirrors)
Reflective vinyl is for signage that needs night visibility. Reflective vinyl has a metallic, reflective base that causes light to reflect back when a light source is shone on it. Reflective vinyl is highly visible after dark giving it the additional benefit of advertising at night just as effectively as during daylight hours. Reflective vinyl comes in a variety of colors, i.e. White, Black, Yellow, Green, etc. and comes pre-spaced and ready for application. If you have any questions, please call (866) 267-4467, or request a quote online.
TYPICAL USES FOR REFLECTIVE VINYL:
- Personal or professional vehicles, i.e. taxi's, work trucks, bicycles, etc.
- Decals for emergency vehicles, i.e. police cars, ambulances, taxi's, fire trucks,
- Parking lot markers or directional signs
- Road signs on public or private streets
Metallic vinyl is similar to our standard and high performance (premium) vinyl except the material is mixed with metal flakes. The metal flakes give the metallic vinyl its reflectivity. Metallic vinyl lettering looks great for many situations where you want something that looks a little bit nicer than ordinary vinyl lettering. We predominantly carry Gold and Silver metallic vinyl, but there are other available metallic colors on the market. Please give us a call for other metallic vinyl color options. For pricing, please call (866) 267-4467, or request a quote online.
OPTIONS FOR METALLIC VINYL USAGE:
- Office or building numbering and lettering
- Decals for indoor or outdoor use.
- Vehicle decals and graphics
- Suite signs
Gold/Silver Mirror vinyl is designed to give the appearance of polished metals. Unlike metallic gold or silver vinyl, which has a more "flake" look, Gold/Silver mirror vinyl has a fluid smooth look that you can actually see your reflection in. This adhesive vinyl can be applied on any hard, smooth, flat surface such as windows, glass, plastic, metal, and painted wood. For pricing, please call (866) 267-4467, or request a quote online.
CREATIVE USES FOR GOLD/SILVER MIRROR VINYL:
- Commercial or residential numbering and lettering
- Window decals and graphics
- Vehicle decals and graphics
- Office suite signs
Frequently asked questions about our vinyl lettering
Answers to your most common questions
HOW DO I CHOOSE THE APPROPRIATE VINYL FOR MY LETTERING PROJECT?
With the exception of our specialty vinyls (etched glass, reflective, metallic and gold/silver mirror) choosing a vinyl comes down to the surface you will be applying the vinyl too; the environment the vinyl will be exposed too; and longevity expectations. Our Standard (Intermediate) Vinyl will last from 5 - 7 years and is recommended for almost all normal lettering or numbering projects that are applied to smooth non-porous substrates. Our Premium vinyl, which has a 7 - 10 year life span, is predominantly used for vehicle applications or on any surface that is slightly contoured or textured.
HOW DO I DETERMINE WHAT SIZE OF LETTERING I'LL NEED?
Appropriate sizing is essential to making sure that your ordered lettering does not exceed your available space. Some simple tips to determine lettering size are as follows: 1. Measure out the area where the lettering/numbering will be applied; 2. Count up your lettering (if you have a small space and a lot of text, consider cutting it down to essentials); 3. Estimate the distance that your lettering/numbering will need to be clearly visible from (every inch in height can be viewed from approximately 30 ft. away); and 4. Utilize the formula that your lettering/numbering will almost always be as wide as it is tall (for example...1" tall block font lettering will measure about 3/4" in width, possible more.)
I HAVE MY OWN FILE...WHAT FORMAT DOES IT NEED TO BE DIE-CUT?
All cut vinyl lettering and numbering needs to be in a "vector" format to be able to be die-cut to shape. Typical vector files are .AI, .EPS, or .PDFs. Raster files (such as .JPG, .TIF, .PSD, etc.) can't initially be cut to shape because they are images. In all instances we review all files submitting for cut vinyl lettering for FREE and consult with our clients about any file issues, level of compatibility and quality or vectorization options available. If you need to have your artwork reviewed, please UPLOAD your file(s) or REQUEST A QUOTATION online. Please submit any pertinent artwork or information, and you will be contacted by a sales or design representative to discuss your needs and artwork.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE MY OWN FILE TO SUBMIT FOR LETTERING.
No Problem! We have a very talented design staff that can help you create a design for your lettering utilizing our database of over 200+ fonts and a variety of spot color vinyl options as well as digitally printing your cut vinyl lettering. Our sales and design team can be reached Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST and are ready to help you design, approve and order your custom lettering today! You can reach us by phone at (714) 573-9313 or (866) 267-4467 or REQUEST A QUOTE online.
DO I NEED A PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER, OR CAN I DO THIS MYSELF?
Nine times out of ten you do not need a professional installer. Cut vinyl lettering comes pre-spaced and ready to apply as one piece for an easy Do-It-Yourself application. Another term we use for lettering is "U-Apply" because you can apply this type of signage, on your own, with little to none difficulty. Applying your own vinyl lettering requires a few basic tools and can be applied within minutes. Please see our "HOW TO APPLY VINYL" video for a visual example of how it's done. And as always, if you have any questions or concerns about applying vinyl, give us a call and we'll be glad to help you through the process. We do however, offer installation services, for our local customers in the Irvine, Santa Ana and Tustin areas.
WHAT TYPES OF SURFACES CAN VINYL LETTERING BE APPLIED TOO?
IVinyl lettering works best when applied to smooth, non-porous surfaces. Some popular surfaces to apply vinyl lettering to are walls, windows, vehicles, boats and floors to name a few. Vinyl also works great when applied to aluminum, PVC, painted wood or coroplast (corrugated plastic) substrates for creating custom signage. Vinyl lettering is not recommended for application on "breathable" surfaces like fabric, unpainted wood, canvas, etc.
If you have any other questions, or would like more information about our cut vinyl lettering and number, please give our specialists a call (714) 573-9313.
Ordering cut vinyl lettering online
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3
1. Get a price. First, determine the size of lettering you will need for your particular project. Once you know your size, you will need to count the total number of characters to determine your pricing. Once you have a character count simply multiply the size/height price by the number of characters and you will have your approximate price. If your order totals over 0 dollars please call us at (714) 573-9313 for possible discount pricing. If you are unsure of the size you require please refer to the FAQ section of this page for a brief description on determining a size or give us a call for assistance.
2. Request a Quote. If you are in doubt as to the sizing of your cut vinyl ettering, or need assistance in determining an adequate size we have two options for you: 1) If your lettering requires artwork, directly UPLOAD your artwork online; or 2) REQUEST A QUOTE and provide us with some details about your job (with artwork, if pertinent). Either method will generate a call from our sales department to discuss your cut vinyl lettering needs and pricing.
3. Place your order. All cut vinyl lettering orders are taken over the phone once pricing is obtained either online or via phone. You may place your order during our operating hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on our local (714) 573-9313 or toll-free (866) 267-4467 numbers. Our friendly sales team will help you get your order placed and ready for pick-up or shipping, in a quiet and efficient manner.
Cut Vinyl Lettering Satisfaction. Orange County Signs.com offers the best quality vinyl lettering for your all your lettering needs at a fraction of the competitor's prices. Our customer service, and attention to detail, make the ordering and design process easier than ever. Coupled with our quick production time and RUSH options, you can have your cut vinyl lettering within a few days (most orders.)
For our non-local customers, your cut vinyl lettering will ship quickly, look fantastic, and arrive ready-made for instant application. E-mail us or give us a call, and get your cut vinyl lettering project started today!
Pre-Spaced "sticky" back ready to apply vinyl lettering for do-it-yourself installations.
Vinyl lettering, sometimes referred to as "die cut" vinyl lettering is computer cut adhesive backed lettering that is finished as pre-spaced and "ready to apply" to any smooth, non-porous surface. We can type set from our font library or we can use fonts that you provide. If you want a vinyl graphics (logos or images) cut to a shape, please request vinyl quote here.
All our vinyl lettering is prepared as pre-spaced to allow entire lines of text to be applied at one time. The adhesive vinyl is easy to apply and is prepared and shipped for simple installation with step-by-step application instructions.