Magnetic Sign Installation and Care
Proper use and care will extend the life of your magnetic product.
WARNING: Magnetic Signs can and will blow off your vehicle if not installed properly! Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to the paint surfaces as well as potential loss of your magnetic signs. The following information will extend the life of your Magnetic Signs and protect the metal surface on which they are applied.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING YOUR MAGNETIC SIGNS
- The magnetic signs are made of a flexible magnetic material and are rolled and boxed for shipment. If signs do not lie COMPLETELY FLAT (including the corners) - DO NOT apply them at this time. First, flatten the signs by placing heavy books on top of them or apply to a metal surface (refrigerator or filing cabinet) until completely flattened.
PREPARING MAGNETIC-RECEPTIVE SURFACES
- Be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured (hardened). (Paint – 90 days; Clear Coat – 60 days; Wax – 2 days)
- Clean the metal surface and the backside of the magnetic with a mild detergent, by washing & drying the areas, with a soft cloth and allow to air dry.
APPLYING YOUR FLEXIBLE MAGNETIC SIGNS
- ALWAYS make sure the entire magnet (including corners) lays flat against the metal surface.
- DO NOT place magnetic sign over any molding, indentations, compound curves or emblems. Doing so can create an air pocket and cause the signs to blow off.
- AVOID using on non-metallic body filler, simulated wood grain siding, or repainted surfaces.
- ALWAYS affix to a smooth, flat metal surface. Please check to make sure that the intended surface for application, is magnetic receptive, before ordering. (NOTE: A quick receptivity test would be to see if a refrigerator magnetic sticks to the surface. If it sticks, our signs will stick; if it does not, then your surface may be aluminum or have underlying repaired areas that are not metal in nature.)
CLEANING FLEXIBLE MAGNETS
- To guard against moisture and dirt build-up between the magnetic sign and the metal surface, remove the magnet at regular intervals, and clean both the magnet and the metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, we recommend, removing and cleaning the signs WEEKLY).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this product, please contact us immediately at: (866) 267-4467